Transgenders from PCT Pay Tribute to Pulwama Terror Attack Martyrs
Mangaluru: The members of Parivarthan Charitable Trust held a condolence meet on February 19 for the brave hearts who were brutally killed by a suicide bomber at Pulwama on February 14, at the War Memorial, Kadri.
A minute of silence was observed for the departed souls of the brave soldiers killed in the Pulwama terror attack. Transgenders lit Candles at the war memorial and offered prayers.
Addressing the transgenders, founder of Parivarthan Charitable Trust Violet Pereira said, “We should neither underestimate nor fail to remember the role of our soldiers in upholding the security of the nation. Our soldiers play an vital role in ensuring our safety and security at all times. But on February 14, when the soldiers were returning to their units after finishing their vacation, a suicide bomber rammed his car laden with RDX into one of the army bus, killing 44 soldiers which was a dastardly attack which we all Indians should condemn. This incident is a black day in the history of our country. Today we are here to pay our tribute to the brave hearts and pray to God to give the family members the strength to bear the great loss of their loved ones.”
Violet Pereira recited the poem “Veera Sainikarigondu Salamu” (written by her) during the condolence meet.
Vice President of Parivarthan Charitable Trust Ramya Gowda speaking on the occasion said, “We offer our prayers for our brothers who have sacrificed their lives for the country. We demand the government to take necessary measures to stop such barbaric incidents in future. Our jawans who are safeguarding us have been killed by a suicide bomber with the support of Pakistan. We condemn such acts by Pakistan.”
Secretary of PCT Sanjana said, “It is a very sad moment for all of us that 44 of our soldiers were killed in the terror attack in Pulwama. May the souls of all the brave hearts rest in peace.”
PCT Member Sandhya said, “I pray to almighty God to give the families of the soldiers killed in the terror attack, the strength to bear the terrible loss of their dear ones.”
Later the members of Dakshina Kannada Interior Designer Contractors Association joined Parivarthan members and offered floral tributes as well as lit candles as a mark of respect to the brave hearts at the war memorial.
- Transgenders from PCT Pay Tribute to Pulwama Terror Attack Martyrs
- Parivarthan State-level Beauty Pageant for TransgendersFirst Ever Parivarthan Transgenders State Level Beauty Pageant to Invade Kudla
- Chief Minister to Grace the FIRST Ever Beauty Pageant for Transgenders in Kudla on 14 Oct!
- All Groomed, All Set! 11 Transgenders to Vie for the Crown at 1st State Transgender Beauty Pageant
- Excited 40 Transgenders show Up for Audition- 13 got Selected for 1st State Transgender Beauty Pageant
- History Made! Sanjana Wins First Ever ‘Parivarthan Trans Queen 2018’ Beauty Pageant
- Assault on 3 Transgenders in Mumbai, Parivarthan Members Raise Their Voices during Protest
- Parivarthan Trust Hosts The FIRST Christmas Celebration Of The Transgenders Kind!
- A Dream Come True! Transgender Sanjana Chosen ‘Brand Ambassador’ For Nat’l Level Lagori Tourney
- Making History! First Of Its Kind ‘Transgender’s Day’ Launched In Mangaluru
- Parivarthan’s Aadhar Registration Camp For Transgenders A Step In The Right Direction
- MP Nalin Inaugurates Parivarthan- A Ray Of Hope To ‘Change’ Lives Of Transgenders
- ‘Hijra’ Is A Derogatory Term For ‘Transgender’ – Rai
- Naanu Avanalla Avalu – Subhash Becomes Lavanya In Udupi
- Neither Here, Nor There-Pathetic State Of Transgenders